Helping GPs to make accurate patient referrals
GP Ref is a totally unique, online tool containing a directory of local services, listed by medical speciality.
Its quick and easy view means that GPs can refer patients to the right services and to the right specialist healthcare professional the first time, saving both time and money.
The database is targeted at regional Clinical Commissioning Groups, making it a hub for healthcare news and services – a vital tool for locum GPs and GPs new to the area.
GP Ref also includes a repository of useful resources, such as brochures and patient information leaflets that can be downloaded and printed. It also contains a host of proformas, guidance documents and contact details.
Efficient and cost effective
- GPs can quickly see what speciality services are offered in their area
- Save costs and staff time by making appropriate referrals to the right treatment or specialist, first time
- Encourage GP to GP referrals as well as telephone contact and email advice with consultants
Improve quality of referral, improve communication and add value for GPs
- GP Ref provides clear and concise guidelines on who to refer and who not to refer
- GPs can make evidence based decisions on referrals into other healthcare services
- GP Ref promotes better communication between GPs, consultants and other healthcare professionals
- Patient Information Leaflets can be immediately accessed and printed
- Medical dictation lists can be viewed by speciality
- A structured set of links and resources to additional material is available
- Site is a complementary tool to Map of Medicine and Choose and Book
Easy to maintain
- Any medical speciality which accepts referrals has a page of up-to-date information about their service
- Site content can be kept up-to-date and automatic email reminders are sent to speciality leads to review content when pages pass specified dates
- Additional information, brochures and leaflets can all be contained in one area, dedicated to the service
GP Ref is offered as a hosted service, on a secure NHS standard server, which means no concerns about the expense and maintenance of local hardwares. The benefits include:
- Security and data protection within a mixed N3 and public internet environment
- No concerns about the expense, maintenance and upgrade of local hardware
- Google Analytics can be used to see page impressions and usage